Saturday, August 11, 2012

Getting Perspective on Life

Please, if you are not in a great mood do not go to this link below.  It will make you laugh quite a bit and cry very much and count all your blessings...unless your soul has been sucked out and away one time long ago.  David gave this audio presentation shortly after learning he had a cancerous tumor that resulted in the loss of the use of his arm on May 14 of 2012.  The clip goes on a little longer because this painfully funny stand-up was followed by another comedic presentation from another comic.  David Rakoff passed away recently and I will miss him and his writing.  I will miss his ability to tell how it is in such real terms and find the funny in the sad and compare the sad to the ridiculous.

David Rakoff

If you want to know what he looks like here is an interview he gave to our current events comedian Jon Stewart.


11 comments:

  1. Thanks for giving a heads up. I'll view it later when I'm not on an emotional roller coaster:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very funny. I was in the mood to laugh and I did. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ll sit this one out. I’m sorry for your loss, Tabor. Godspeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. like the others I'll wait till my emotions are more stable.

    I am so sorry you lost this person but I'm sure his writings will remain with you for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing words. He's really funny while at death's door. I have such trouble thinking funny about anything. What a gift he left us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm definitely going to dance today.

    I enjoyed hearing his thoughts on the Terri Gross show over the weekend and didn't know who he was before that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I listened, all the way through.
    Thanks.
    As you say: getting a perspective on life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with granny Annie and need to wait.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sorry...I'll view it later too...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like to think that I could tackle life's curve balls with such humour and honesty. I had a friend who was able to do this, and she made me feel that because she was able, I could too. Although this is one of those challenges that I hope I never have to find out...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I, too, will have to view this later since the hour's late and I don't want to go to bed in a few minutes with this on my mind no matter how funny -- and I do thoroughly enjoy the humor some who cope with such life challenges can muster to share with others. I've always hoped I could do the same.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.