Sunday, September 30, 2012

Constipated Zen

It is true that it is has been a longer gap than usual for posting.  I  have been waiting for some profound thought to give me stimulus for a wise, intelligent or even humorous post...an exception to the rule.  I have been waiting for something to write that elaborates, enumerates, or illuminates.  I noticed the other day that this blog has shrunk in followers which is a nice bit of evidence on how boring I have become.  Of course, I would continue to write even if no one read this, because I do still write for my own creative outlet.  It is like eating and pooping...I just have to do it.

Alas, my dear brain has entered a far dimension these days...maybe I left it in Aruba with that curious blue lizard?


Maybe  I gave it too long a rest after finding my future daughter-in-law and I are in such a magical and wonderful space together and I do not want to tamper with that by thinking too much.



Maybe I have absolutely emptied it - my mind?  That is a scary thought.


Wait!  I am trying to find a focus here!  It is like knocking on the door of an empty room for conversation.  No one answers because no one is in there.  I open the door and there are just dust bunnies and faint shadows and the hollow sounds of my footsteps.

Death and politics.  This is all that seems to sneak into my thoughts when I let it..  And certainly both of those subjects are not small enough to write about nor safe enough to even consider these days.   Beauty and peace find their way to my other blog, so that outlet is well satisfied, and not surprisingly, that blog has grown in number of readers. 

You know that I am going to die, if not imminently, and I know the same about you.  I cannot change that by writing about it.  ("if you mean 'famous' or 'superior' you want eminent; if you mean 'impending, about to happen' that is imminent; and if you mean 'present, inherent,' your word is immanent.")  That was tricky.

You know who I am going to vote for and I might know the same about you, but since we are adults it is unlikely we will change each others minds if we are not in agreement.  The world, especially Europe and the Middle East, seems to be collapsing.  The poor are getting very poor which means dark days ahead globally.  So, should I write about that?

That leaves puppies and babies and what I ate for breakfast..since I am on my own this weekend it was a biscotti with coffee..  Maybe I should post a photo?  Nope, this is not Facebook...........Guess I will go see what is happening there.

26 comments:

  1. I agree. I would post even if I have no readers. A creative outlet, as you say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy your posts whether they have a focused subject or just random thoughts.

    I am hoping you continue to write here so I can read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Write because the words must come. Even in the dry spell, the words need an outlet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your title is definitely a grabber.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Writer’s write. Someone eminent said that. I’m sure you will focus imminently. Couldn’t care less as long as I may visit both your sites in the immanent day. Ah well, it’s Sunday, it’s raining and I don’t do Facebook. What are you having for lunch?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read even if I don't comment. I thought I noticed that bloggerland in general seems to be quieter this last summer. Maybe it's just my imagination. I was certainly offline. What a gorgeous lizard. I enjoy all your wonderfully composed photos and would miss them if you stopped.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't take it personally that you've lost a few members. So have I. I read that Blogger is cleaning out a lot of inactive blogs and this is what's happening to us. You're not being rejected.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This has nothing much to do with your post except the title reminded me of a church posting of the upcoming sermon: "Jesus as Zen Master--no he wasn't Buddhist...nor was he a western style moralist." After reading that, I felt no need to attend the service. What else could the minister possibly say? They do up the whole idea of church a great deal bigger in the south than in Vermont.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm pretty sure the vast majority of my 32 followers don't ever read my blog. Eh, so what? I love talking to myself.

    I doubt very much that you've emptied your brain! But I was home alone this weekend too, and it has been rather a formless time; I've barely done anything, and I can relate to what you're saying here. Times like this, maybe you & I should be FB friends.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, but I am still here. Our friend ThomaS goes home on the 22nd, can you come up the evening of the 22nd or anytime the 23rd or 24th? We could have lunch in some museum courtyard acting as if we created these great pieces around us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. ...and yes, I really like that shot. :) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tabor, I always enjoy your posts! Some times (because my English is not so good...) I must to read it twice... But is always a pleasure. Your posts are very witty, agreeable and intelligent and you took great photos too.
    I read your posts even if I don't comment... I really hope you continue to write here.

    PS: Thanks for the Congratulations on my 7th blog anniversary. I am so glad I found you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous1:08 PM

    LOL - you are so witty! We all get writer's block, hope it breaks soon for you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, the 24th is perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tabor, I write for my children and mostly grandchildren - so they know a little more about how I think and what I do.
    Amazed that some like to read about the simplicity of my life and thoughts :) and comment.
    I do not comment as much as lately.
    Time goes by so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have a wonderful way of saying you have nothing to say! I relate to the feelings and the general decline in blog reading (or maybe just commenting).

    A title just popped in my head: Did the blue lizard get your tongue? Sometimes that's all I got is a title and picture. The Zen of it all.

    Are you liking Facebook? I like blogging better but it seems more people are interacting there.

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh that blue lizard is a handsome fellow! i am glad you and future DIL are in a good place. it's a blessed thing so to be.

    ReplyDelete
  19. No matter what, it's still a magnificent blue lizard you've got there, and iguana compliment you on it. Whenever I discover I've lost a follower, I want to hunt 'em down and demand allegiance. So, quite possibly, I may not have as mature an attitude as you do.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Murr is the tops on succinct and funny comments!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. For a mind that has nothing much on it this wasn't bad.

    I am in a similar situation, bored with what I write, losing people (actually, there are still far too many who never write in anyway) and wishing I could think of something really riveting.

    Perhaps I'll have to learn from you and make thinking about a blog post count.

    Congratulations on your wonderful relationship with your dil, not many are as fortunate as you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. PS: It probably means that you are a lovely mil!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You got 22 comments! When that happens to me it's all the same guy n me bantering over nada...

    I think blogging has slowed down for almost everyone. I don't know how some folks post to a schedule without making things up....

    When you're inspired, you will write more! I have several posts that generated a zero with comments. Count your blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The best argument I've read in ages for Art for Art's sake!

    IT's not optional. If you're a writer it's unavoidable!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love that you can blog about not being able to find suitable content to blog about. I find myself staring at the same blank page though this week I chose babies since that's what my world has been about lately (when I'm not stressing over politics, the state of the world, and my own demise).

    ReplyDelete
  26. If this is an example of writer's block, then I'm going to put it on my wish list.
    Fab post in more ways than one.
    BTW, nobody told me we are collapsing over here. Maybe I ought to switch the telly on.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.