Friday, April 05, 2013

I have Issues





  • Most Fruit
  • Coconut
  • Nuts
  • Avocados
  • Fresh Tomatoes
  • Cucumbers
  • Corn (on the cob only)
  • Olives


When I am planning meals for my family, the above are just a few of the items that I try to leave out of meals unless I put them in their own bowls for others to add as they wish.  All of the above items are foods that my children's spouse and future spouse will not eat.  (I am not even going to list the foods that one cannot feed to grandchildren as this would make this post way too long.)  As I will eat anything that does not move...actually I HAVE eaten things that move, but that was a bet I took after too much saki , perhaps to be included in a future post.  I am not as sympathetic to picky eaters as I might be.  I am weary with those.  Food is the gift of gods and all should be eaten with gusto and relish.  People are starving in this world, and therefore, I have little patience with picky eaters.  Yes, I know there are things you do not like to eat,  just don't tell me and eat around my food after I prepare and serve my gourmet meal.  I will avoid talking religion and politics...and you can pretend you like my food!!  Of course, it goes without mentioning that food allergies are exempt from this post.


16 comments:

  1. oh...i want some more of what you leave out...ha...i love most of them...so let me know when you are fixing it and i will be right over...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone is allowed one, or maybe two, things they just cannot stand in this house, and that includes me. When i'm at someone else's house, i shut up and eat, and have taught the kids to do the same.

    And i practically live, when i'm cooking for myself, on what you have to leave out for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha!! I totally agree...figure you should at least try a bite.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our family mostly eats everything, one or two items are allowed. And, yes, as a guest you eat it and keep quiet. I have one 12 year old nephew who eats like 5 things counting potato chips and candy which I do not supply. So this year when he visited I tried to teach him to cook a little so he could fix what he liked, mostly noodles and scrambled eggs. He informed me he doesn't have to cook. Next year I am serving what I'm serving, and that's it. He'll McD's crap but not homemade. I think that's an eating disorder of some kind. Or a behaviour disorder. Enuf, I could go on and on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops, I meant one or two items are allowed for exclusion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to hate it when my hubby would mention to his mother the foods that I don't like. I'm sure he was trying to be helpful but it just made me come off as a pain in the ass. I'm perfectly happy pretending to like certain things or hiding icky items somewhere discreetly. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So far the only thing I haven't been able to consume is Cream Soda. If I smell it I throw up. Every time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, please, we are on our way and will eat all those. Citrus in moderation as I hate hives, but I do like lime on my soft chicken tacos....which includes avocado, raw tomatoes, and other items on your list.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that's a lengthy list of things you have to leave out. That must make cooking very difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to tell my kids "There's always the next meal, maybe you'll like something there."

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love everything in the list. Luckily none of my family is a picky eater, but I have to be a little careful when I cook for my granddaughter. I should avoid using some ingredients that she has allergy against.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was inspired by seeing a woman put small amounts of each food on offer on a plate, which she put before each child with no comment. The kids ate everything!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think my daughter-in-law might come up with a longer list, but I'm with you: I'll have a go at anything and delight in stuff I've not tried before.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What we do for our loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have raised a big family and just prepared healthy food. If they did did not like something
    then guess they would just be hungry.
    My 2 youngest granddaughter's do not like nuts - so when I make my desert this afternoon I will leave them out of half the cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha, great post. My husband is a meat and potatoes man and I find that so boring! He refuses to try new things and expand his palette. Oh well! Have a great one. :)

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.