Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The Devil is Always in the Details

Regarding my prior post, please note that I am old enough to know that drawing battle lines over this wedding issue helps no one.  Least of all me!  My brother is the sweetest most hardworking and loving guy!  He is a really good looking and tremendous man and his first marriage was a disaster with a woman who cheated on him!.  Seriously, I had better never meet that witch face to face in the future or there will be blood...hers!

Therefore, I am frustrated that this second marriage is far less than he deserves.  But I will not point this out to him...or anyone else.  I just had to point it out to you-all.  His wife is not a bad person.  Who knows what her childhood was like with divorced parents?

Anyway, got my wedding haircut today and it is a little shorter than I hoped, but she spent 45 minutes and really layered it and it is probably the best haircut I have had in years.  Cost $50...which is more than the $12 I usually pay at the walk-in, but worth it.  Maybe I will post a photo of me at the wedding, if I can get someone else behind the camera lens.  I probably cannot post wedding photos as those are copyrighted.

We are driving my son up after work next week three days before the wedding as his car cannot make the trip.  (There is another story in that!)  Since it is a 6 hour drive, we will not be getting in until midnight.

My son has said absolutely nothing about the mother/son dance which concerns me a little.  I guess we are going to wing it.  Pray that we look divine as I can dance well only with a strong lead!

I have finalized the rehearsal dinner number at 80...but since most guests are coming from out of town, that is not unusually large.  It is a BBQ on a beach catered by a BBQ place selected by my future DIL since this is in a town where her parents live.  When I had first called them months ago, they thought I had said the 3rd of July...not the 4th.  When I called again last week, they said they were closed on the 4th!  Yes, I had a mini-heart attack...but they said they could do it if I was willing to pay holiday overtime.  I threw caution to the wind and said I was...thinking this might add hundreds to the bill.  She said overtime would cost $50.  Don't you just love doing things outside the big city? 

I do think Son has picked a '+10' when it comes to his bride-to-be.  We really lucked out on that and I could not be happier for him!  I will next look forward to my grand-children's weddings...and yes, I do expect to be here for that!

18 comments:

  1. Hopefully your son has found his soul mate this time and we can all expect a happy ending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oddly enough, Stephen, I am glad however many years this marriage lasts, because it is a good one and starting for the right reasons! Of course, I hope it lasts forever and he does not follow the pattern of my brother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo Tabor, is it possible that any of your family is aware of this blog and reading it? lol

    I hope you don't mind me getting a little laugh from this wedding. I'm picturing you and your son dancing, all eyes on your every move.
    But don't be nervous. It'll be good.

    Seriously, I'm glad your son is marrying a winner. Blessings to them now and always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's hoping it all goes very well from start to finish and that you are able to have a great time. $50 for overtime - that is unheard of. You are lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sound happy and excited! that's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:04 AM

    Oh, congratulations!! I'm glad you threw caution to the wind - this is a once in a lifetime thing (we always hope, anyway!) I think you can post the professional photos as long as you give the photographer credit. I can't wait to see your haircut! And I understand about your brother's wife. Same with my sister. Sigh. Now go have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to see some pictures of you at the wedding and your lovely haircut! Please post them when you can.
    And 80 people for a rehearsal! WOW! That seems like a lot to me. How many people will be at the wedding? We had 300 people at our wedding. We come from big families. My husband's mother comes from a family of 13 children. It was a big, fun wedding.

    Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, do post some pics from the wedding! Our daughter is getting married next year & maybe this will help prepare me:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Re: grand-children's weddings....Right on!

    I truly hope this event shines bright for all involved. A lot of work (and money) goes into them and you deserve to reap your rewards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Tabor, may you have the best dance ever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Best wishes all around, and i hope you have a great time at the wedding itself, enjoying it and the things that will (inevitably) go wrong. Those make up the best memories.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope the wedding is just the start of a wonderful new phase for your son and DIL.

    It is frustrating to watch those we love get less than they deserve in a partner, but grown-ups get to make their own choices.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hopefully someone will take a photo of you and/or the wedding party so you can post it without concern of copyrights. Have fun in any case!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, hand your camera to anybody and get a shot for all of us to see. :) Yes, glad you think she is a 10...that's so good. Nope, I wouldn't count on seeing that brother. Family. Grrr...

    My youngest just decided that maybe her father was dying after all and needed to see him. Duh. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Savor every moment, after months of preparation and planning, it's over so quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. smiles...i am sure you have told him he picked a 10...and that is cool...what no picture of the haircut? smiles...so many details ina wedding...i am sure you will do fine with the dance...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  17. checking back in
    and will be pleased to
    see wedding pictures.
    thank you for your special
    note while
    my computer was being repaired.
    Now looking back
    the break was good for me :)

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.