Sunday, August 11, 2013

Feet Still Not Up #2

I have the two oldest grandchildren through Tuesday of this week.  I think blogging will not be a priority, much less the luxury of putting my feet up.

I sat down just before the youngest dropped his milk and it drip,drip, dripped onto the wooden floor.
I sat down just before the middle child tripped over her own feet and needed an ice pack for her toe.
I sat down just before the oldest needed me to create a scavenger hunt, which is a tradition upon the first days visit which must not be broken.

I sat down just before we decided it was time to harvest crabs.
I sat down just before we decided it was time to take a trip to the playground.
I sat down just before we decided to check out X-Box and DVD sales at Best Buy.

I sat down just before it was time to cook dinner
I sat down just before it was time to get everyone bathed.
I sat down just before it was story time.

One of  these days soon I will be able to put me feet up...!

14 comments:

  1. Oh, goodness. You are brave, strong, and good. You will eventually be able to get that foot up. Me, yes less walking and more elevations. I was evaluated today and told I was way ahead. Just a few days off the foot, and I am back to walking. No grandkids tho. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a good week with grandkids and they are to the age where they can help with moving irrigation pipe, getting in sheep, and entertain themselves a lot of the time. It's still tiring but so much less than it used to be. I felt so good for the time the cousins got together as it reminded me of my own good times with my cousins as I was growing up. Now I go back to the non-grandma world for awhile anyway

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm exhausted just reading your witty post. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have mine,too. Enjoy and make memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:36 PM

    Oh, that wears me out! I hope when I have grandkids I can keep up with them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's kids!

    That's also why, no matter what, no matter the age, all of this family was required to attend Bedside Baptist every Sunday afternoon.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whew, lots of getting up and down exercises. I am sitting down for you. No, no, don't thank me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you will notice, there is a pattern. Perhaps it would be best if you did not sit down because that seems to bring on the next adventure:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahaaha! Laughing at you as I sit here and slowly realize what the next 10 years will look like...

    ReplyDelete
  10. RYN: No, thank god, I do not have to take the driving test again, just the written part. I'm more afraid of that.

    Hope you are having a grand time with the kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, I'm sitting down as I read this.
    I'm exhausted just thinking of your days.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Funny how when you make a list of everything, it really says how busy you are!

    As Barb said, make memories. :)

    And snap a few pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a broken toe, n still not off the feet! Too busy...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmm... this all sounds very familiar. ;)

    I hope you are finally able to put your feet up!

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.