Monday, August 12, 2013

Monday Meanderings

Schedule:

The 8-year-old is up at 6:45, but knows he must be quiet and he heads down to the basement to play Angry Birds.
Hubby did not sleep well last night and is still in a deep snore mode until 8:00 A.M.
The 5-year-old...birthday next week...comes down the stair sleepy-eyed at 7:30...early for her!
Breakfast and taking some sliced green apples to the friendly box turtle at the edge of the lawn.
This is followed by an early morning tour of the fairy houses at the art museum, 56 this year (!)...so lucky I live in a nice area for kids.
Lunch is homemade quesadillas and sliced fresh apples with cinnamon...both a big hit.
Then "we" watch the first of the Narnia trilogy while I clean up the kitchen, catch-up with photos and shower and dress.
I quickly run out to the local T++++t, to purchase socks for the boy which mother forgot to pack.
This is followed by a trip to the local county pool which has lots of things for them to do until we leave at 5:00 P.M. for showers, a sliced pear and chocolate cream cheese snack and watching the second in the Narnia series.
I sit here blogging and while waiting to start dinner, I get all the kids laundry done so that they can start with clean clothes this week.  One has already run out of underware!
Dinner will be easy hamburgers on the grill, sweet potato fries and edamame for something green in the diet.
Then it is "free" time until bed and story.
I am still upright, so have no complaints.

6 comments:

  1. I know this sounds like a lot of work, but as someone yet to be blessed with grandchildren I envy this special time you get with yours. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a good Grandma. I'm wondering what they call you. :)

    Hang in there... your crash time, feet up time is coming. And then you'll miss them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These times are tiring
    but so wonderful
    and reading this
    I smile
    and many memories surface in
    this early morning mind...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a wonderful grandmother! Enjoy those sweet children.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm applauding you. By now I would be a basket case. I was thinking that perhaps you had one too many meals in there? Dinner at 5 for the kids? What fun this all is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful grandma you are! Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.