Wednesday, December 18, 2013

OK, So I Am Posting

I have been alone for several days while my better half is on travel to Florida where the temperature, according to him, is not much warmer.

When alone, I have time to wander, ponder, dilly and even dally if the cause strikes me, and blog, which was something I had put on hold for a short time.  I was playing Christmas music and wrapping the many gifts that I buy each year once again breaking my promise to buy less.  I had finished about 80% of the toys and clothes and decided to head to bed.  As I turned off lights last night and headed to bed, the view to my back deck glowed and I noticed the golden rain that had frosted the deck with honey.  It was just above freezing and that is why this water looks almost frozen.  I thought briefly how glad I was that I did not have to go out in this weather either to party or to work, but, it does look deceptively beautiful, when one is cozy and warm inside.

When I woke the next morning early before the sunrise, as I most often do, I looked outside and saw that the weather had sugar dusted the yard in snow.  I put on my camouflage outfit and headed out for a walk in the dark hoping to sneak up on the woodcock that lives in the ravine.  When I returned I notice that the motion lights were on and this gave me a little Christmas card scene.


I just had to share it right away, and who is more important to share such beauty with than my bloggers?

Keep warm!


23 comments:

  1. Beautiful, such a welcoming doorway, keep warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Glad to hear from you. I hope you have gotten some much needed rest... We love the Thanksgiving and Christmas season--but try not to over-do anymore (like I did when the kids were little). We used to spend so much money that I began to RESENT the season.. These days, I LOVE it... AND--I try to keep the true meaning of Christmas alive all year long.

    Beautiful photos...

    Merry Christmas.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This picture is so full of coziness and warmth. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing a bit of your Christmas beauty with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for thinks of us blog friends when you had beautiful moments to share.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos, front and back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice and worthy of the season.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, oh my goodness, you could not have let us miss this. Thanks for hopping back in for good or even if just briefly. Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad that you did. They're both lovely scenes. Thanks for thinking of us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both photographs are beautiful. Yes, lovely home indeed. Yes, picaresque is the word that strikes me. Sorry you couldn't go south? 50's here and no snow.

    Missed ya.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful - thank you for sharing. Blessings from Dalamory www.freda.org.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, that is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing it with us. It looks like a perfect picture for a greeting card. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really love those pictures.

    Speaking of pictures on Facebook. I always ask the boss lady what she would like me to photograph. Often she has a specific goal...furniture for instance. Usually I just wander around the edges first then the middle. Clothes are in the middle. I try and post pictures in just one album a day, that way I don't overwhelm everyone and still have more pictures to post the following day.

    Usually I shoot from 39 to fifty shots in my fifteen minutes around the store. The clove basket would go in the "Knickknack" album, as an example. (It smells wonderful.) If she wants "Glitz and Glam" photos for a sale, I will shoot those first then move on to other subjects.

    No I don't think the boss realizes that I've had so many years of training in art and graphics as I have had.

    You can ask all you want. If you want to see the shots in their home, just go to Facebook's "American Cancer Society Discovery Shop Point Loma" while remembering these are just record photos. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmmmm...honey and sugar. Somebody is having a sweet time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful little things to be pleased with for you.
    I've been out in every storm recently- about 3 months since could stay in a day. Enjoy the rest n quiet- I want more of that!

    Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful
    thank you for sharing
    and my early morning smile
    as I read your comment
    on my Jamie's blog.
    Did not know the
    Elf
    was that important in their home :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. safe travels to hubs...and you def caught some pretty cool images....i hope you have a wonderful christmas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you! Truly lovely and a treat for my Hawaiian eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I admire your appreciation of being outside at any time of the morning, day or night... taking it all in!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glad you wanted to share this with all of us - a little bit of Christmas beauty! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. "I was playing Christmas music and wrapping the many gifts that I buy each year once again breaking my promise to buy less."

    I so appreciate that. Beautiful photo. Blogging certainly does offer an opportunity to share when we see something beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So much hope in that warm scene and the solitude you speak of.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.