Friday, February 06, 2015

The Courtyard

Once again a series of photo edits since I am stuck indoors.  This is a photo of the courtyard of that Freer Gallery that I keep visiting this month.  I take photos of the architecture while I get inspired by the actual art inside.


It was a cold and rainy day and the doors to the interior courtyard were not open from the hallways of the gallery, so I took this misty and gloomy picture anyway through a rather muggy window.  When I got home I decided the photo needed some definition and contrast to catch the eye.


Then I decided that the photo needed more color and a warmer mood on such a cold day and changed to the photo below.


And at the very last I decided the photo needed to be more in the form of art due to its location.


Makes me wish I had followed those two art courses I took long ago and actually developed a real skill.

16 comments:

  1. When are you going to stop posting stupid photos?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I'm kidding. Interesting how much you can play with and change a picture.

    I like the second one the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like seeing all of your interpretations, but I think I like the second image best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am hoping to get a better photo editor soon. Your revisions are very good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joeh, you know that I love you and your grumpiness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like them all. I also am clueless at true art, but I derive satisfaction from editing photos to suit my vision.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! I love playing with PhotoShop. You did a great job with all the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are wonderful and you look pretty skillful to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great set of photos. I also like architecture of interesting buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You do have a real skill which you have learned by experimenting. Did you try it as black and white?

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so lovely and really sets a mood. It's a breath of fresh air.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It takes skill to do this with photos, and it's not to late to take more classes if you want to.

    ReplyDelete
  13. you think it s still too late?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the cobalt blue you brought out in the pots.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How can I argue with Stephen -- he's an artist! But I like the last art photo the best.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your skill is all in the button pushing n deciding- Plus you have the ambition to experiment- that's the most important part of the art process!

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.