Friday, April 10, 2015

Post It

Too busy to post something thoughtful or insightful...which, of course, is my style.  I currently have dirt under my fingernails from weeding the last two beds in the front yard and planting petunias and pansies in a few of the pots on the deck.

I have called two of the Master Gardener volunteers this week for their brief interview and will write up the notes on that when I  am done here.

Calling various handymen for repair work and have made a dent in the fix-it list.  Got our 9 (NINE) smoke alarms rewired, got the outlet to the freezer fixed so that we can now begin stocking it once again...perhaps with spring fruits and jams soon.

Reading Elizabeth Gilbert's "The Signature of All Things" and no matter how many reader blew off "Eat, Pray, Love" (which I read twice) I think this writer has a great talent and ability to write in different styles and I do like her ability to take me away from it all.

Now, I am resting on my laurels and read your blogs during this time.

I drop back, in a few days.


14 comments:

  1. Happy gardening. Are you one of those lucky people who don't suffer from springtime allergies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Iget mild allergies to hay inthe coutry and do sneeze when mango treesare in bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire anyone who can grow things. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading The Signature of All Things. Great book for plant lovers...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun, and have you read Schmidley's report of the waking of her neighborhood, sharing workmen etc.

    Achoo and god bless....sorry about the allergies. Me too. At times I am miserable. Despite them, you sound really happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dirt under your fingernails! Bliss. I can hardly wait for my turn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That all sounds like a good kind of busy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too am catching up with my blog reading. Most of my absence is due to pain and sitting around feeling sorry for myself:-(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on getting so much done! Enjoy the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's been a little too cold and wet here to do much gardening, but I am eager for when it begins.

    Because it sounded up my alley, I bought and tried to read Gilbert's first book but only got through the first part before she annoyed me so much I had to quit. It was so much all about her (and yes, it was a memoir so that's to be expected but something about it turned me off). I loaned it to my daughter-in-law who had the same problem. After you saying you liked it so much, I might try it again sometime.

    Because of my dislike for the book and no liking for Julia Roberts, I didn't see the film but maybe should give it a try if for no other reason than to see Javier Bardem :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad to know you're enjoying your gardening! :-)

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Garden On! It's good for your innards, as my great aunt said.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was going to get that book for my trip but I was worried a novel might not appeal to me as much as the memoir Eat, Pray Love. Do you like it as much, I ask with dirt under my fingernails (and tears in my eyes from the poem I just dredged up).

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved 'The Last American Man' by Gilbert, more than 'Eat Pray Love' :)...Will checkout her new book. Thankyou.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.