Tuesday, May 05, 2015

Is She Never Happy?

I have nothing important to post... and by writing that, I am assuming most of my prior posts had something important to reveal... not.

I am wrapping up things here at the house, making lists of things to do such as: stopping mail, finishing leftovers, soaking plants, turning off the thermostat, going through travel documents, and just in general hoping I have got everything written down before beginning to pack.

Regrets, suddenly, I have a few.  My garden is now in its swollen prepubescent stage just a week before erupting in stunning beauty.  Iris, clematis, rhododendrons, achillea, peonies and roses are all forming the most pulsating buds of potential pulchritude and I will miss them!  They will be waning when I return.  Yes, other plants will be beginning to show off their beauty, but the first spring blossoms are always the best.




Birds have found nesting boxes and are sitting on eggs and will be busy feeding the littles ones upon my return.  It will take me some days to figure out which box has tenants and sit and watch.

This is the month perfect for canoeing and boating as the weather is not so warm that one wants an umbrella when sitting in a boat.

Thus I have resolved never to do this again...travel for weeks during the month of May.   It will be summer travel or fall travel or perhaps even winter travel.  But April and May have to be enshrined for gardeners.

(Yes, I will be photographing pictures of French blossoms so your lack of sympathy is understood.)

11 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. and those buds are magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I share with you the frustration have having to be traveling in May. It's a perfect time to travel, but it's also a perfect time to be at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But you will beat the crowds -- I presume.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful, safe journey.
    So many memories will surface in years to come
    and all will be waiting for you
    when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's nothing quite like the blooms in your own home garden, no matter what others you may be visiting.

    Enjoy the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, poor you and your problems!! Enjoy the trip and safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice photos. I also like this time of the year, right up until the longest day and then it's all downhill... just kidding

    ReplyDelete
  8. May is my favorite time to travel, of course Nothing blooms in my yard while I"m away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mid May to mid June is a great time to travel though, because the daylight lasts so long and school isn't out yet. I do know what you mean about missing spring at home though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would hate to miss spring at home, but oh my gosh, you are going to see spring in France. That is a good exchange.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's hard to leave your house in spring. I always hated leaving if I would be missing our cherry tree booming.I love your photos here. It's showing the promise of beauty bursting forth.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.