Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Just One More Step

10:00 PM on Tuesday evening the 23rd and I am off to bed!
11:00 PM and for a half hour after thunder and lightning that raises the bed!
2:00 AM my 4-year-old grandson awakens with a nightmare, so I crawl in bed with him.
3:00 AM he is leaning on me looking at my face.
4:00 AM I have a knee in my back.
5:00 AM hubby is up and packing for his Scout trip and while he is being quiet I am a very light sleeper.  I walk back down to my bed and throw the covers over my head.
7:00 AM the 4-year-old who usually sleeps until 8:00 awakens me with his call.
7:30 AM breakfast
8:00 AM dressed and check email
8:30 AM head out to bike with grandson--he covers a little less than 2 miles!
8:50 AM we bat some tennis balls back and forth
9:00 AM we head off to the art museum to walk and search for fairy houses on their grounds.
11:00 AM we tour the museum itself
11:30 AM we play in the children's playground
12:00 AM we eat at FAST FOOD for lunch
1:00 PM we get home
1:30 PM I set up the paint and brushes and his very own fairy castle and supervise
2:30 PM we let it dry and he plays with his new car while I sort, wash, and freeze several pints of newly picked raspberries
3:00 PM he gets a snack of raspberries
3:30 PM he watches a movie and I blog.
I have a small backache, am pretty tired, and he really seems to want a nap, but is on the edge where he will probably remain awake until this evening.
Is it only 3:30???

16 comments:

  1. Oh. Dear. Heaven.
    May the force be with you. You're gonna need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a long time, but you've reminded me how exhausting children can be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an ambitious grandma. I tend to let ours entertain themselves ;) Lazy grandma. We just took two home with an 8 hour round trip drive. I enjoy having them but also feel good when we hand them over to their mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, that sounds like a typical kid centered day. May you both sleep very well tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was thinking about picking up my grand son for the weekend and then I read your blog and got tired. I am having second thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I need a nap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's funny... but true. Grandkids can wear you out, but they still make you smile!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope he sleeps soundly and sleeps in tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man, I'm tired just reading this. Hope you sleep well tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha! Yes! I can relate. It seems that your grandson can focus on one project for a long time for a boy. Mine usually jump from task to task rather quickly. It is frustrating how little time they spend on any one thing before getting bored. ;)
    Good luck!
    Hope you were able to get more sleep the following nights.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gawd. I hear you. I spent one hour with the little girls next door and am wiped out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I sincerely do not understand why women are putting off childbirth (and grandmotherhood) til their 40s. it was tiring enough when I had energy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are simply wonderful. You did forget to mention breakfast. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am in awe of you! Wow! Our time will come in a few months when we visit our granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.