Friday, August 07, 2015

How Did I Get Myself Into This?




These are the last three days with the 10-year-old who has been an exhausting pleasure to have.  But as my brain no longer works as fast or as well as it used to, as my body tells me to go take a nap every few hours, I cannot help but wonder how I will handle a second set of grandchildren if my son is finally blessed with one or two.  They keep trying and do not talk about it and neither do I.

This weekend my daughter and her two other children come to stay through Sunday.  Then Monday it is time to clean the house and pack because hubby and I are heading  to the Eastern Shore for a three day anniversary trip. ( We have been married 45 years and he has not even come close to killing me yet, but I AM fast.)  I also have to get an agenda with project reports written and sent before we leave.  Thursday  I return and try to adjust to re-entry.  I have a few days off except for a bunch of volunteer stuff (more on that later).  But that coming weekend we have some very old friends from Florida coming to stay for a few days

The following weekend some very young friends are coming down for two days and that will  keep me busy.  I am so flattered when 30-somethings want to spend time with us!

The weekend following that one, my son and daughter-in-law are having a BBQ for 50(!) people, so we will go up and help with that.  Then the next day, Sunday, my 8-year-old granddaughter comes down for the week.  Unlike my grandson, she does not do things on her own, but wants people to do things with her, so I will be sitting even less.  She was also the one stung not once but twice by wasps during the last visit.  This will be a challenge. I will be busy.

The second week of September looks like smooth sailing except for my volunteer work.  I realize this is a very normal life style for some people.  But it is NOT for me.  Please tell  me this is keeping me young and not aging me unduly faster.

17 comments:

  1. It's keeping you young. That's a good mantra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is a lot. It all sounds exhausting. It is exhausting to have houseguests. And you just have one after the next!
    My kids make me feel older while keeping me young. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I watch the grandchildren, I'm always afraid of losing one. That would really piss off my DIL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it does challenge you physically, but definitely keeps your heart young...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a pretty fair pace, young lady.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You want to wear out, not rust out. Trust me, rusting hurts more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's definitely keeping you young. As someone who probably won't have grandchildren, please enjoy yours for me. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As an introvert, your schedule would have me with a nervous breakdown ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL Actually, it is keeping you younger. I'm sitting here laughing. We are being brave and taking the youngest G-daughter fishing this weekend. Sad in a way as all the other's have moved into adulthood. The only way I keep up with them is Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your busy life is keeping you young and physically and mentally alert. Make sure you are seeing and hearing well and eating right and getting enough sleep. You're doing great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yes! It's definitely keeping you young. Our lives will be extremely hectic for the next three months too. Sigh. It'll be a happy busy, just like you though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd be begging for mercy for a weekend off long before I had one with that schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  13. do not feel guilty about the bombing. Imagine if USA did not drop the bombs, the Japanese would still carry on their audacious occupation,

    ReplyDelete
  14. There are no flies on you! It almost sounds busier than when you worked. Fun can feel like work sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yep- we get too old to keep up with them eventually! Looks like a good time anyhow- You are so blessed

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! You are one busy woman! We are going to go visit my father in Minnesota for a week and are taking the two oldest grandsons (7 & 5) with us. Should be interesting. I may even actually blog about it...

    ReplyDelete
  17. So, what do you do to occupy your free time and how do you keep busy??? *grin*
    I can't keep up with my 4 year old grandson. Never thought I'd see the day when that would be true. Strange how that happens.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.