Sunday, December 27, 2015

Brain Drains

I have been in computer hell for a few days.  It seems my download of Windows 10 to this old PC was NOT a good decision.  As a result they (Geek squad) took me back and not to the future by loading Windows 7.  I would like to upgrade to 8 where I was before the disaster, but have not found a way that does not cost money as I seem to have lost registration of discs or whatever.  Reloads of most other software, at least that which I use, was fairly normal.

ANYWAY...this is boring.  So lets talk about the weather.  Days and days of rain or gray sky and not a drop of sun.  Barely saw the rare full moon through foggy clouds on Christmas Eve. Took some night photos of Christmas lights. Well, this is also boring!

Oh, would you like me to list my New Year's resolutions?  ... I didn't think so.

It seems that working on my PC has left my brain empty of thoughts for blogging...so, I will leave you with a few Christmas shots as we say goodbye to another Christmas Season.



 This lovely house in the grandchildren's neighborhood gets super decorated every year.

 The angel in the window is there every year.


Hubby and daughter checking out Santa and his reindeer on the house.


The three jewels in my family.

11 comments:

  1. You have certainly had a tough time with that computer. It doesn't leave one in a happy state of mind. But you posted some nice photos, and that's all you need, really. We are enjoying freezing rain here. You see?! Things could be worse. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe it's time to upgrade your computer. I keep getting software updates for my mac but the new operating system that they want me to upload is different from this one which I am used to. husband's mac has the new one and I listened to him bitch about having to relearn everything for a week. overcast and wet here too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pictures. It's always a treat to go see the house where they spend so much time doing lights and decorations.

    My sympathy on the computer trouble. May it be repaired quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos, beautiful grandchildren. It's the time of year to go blank. Good thing we do only get a full moon on Christmas every so many years as it adds to it.

    Hope your computer problems are quickly adjusted. My husband is hanging onto his 7 also. They were such workhorses but now they conflict with everything else. We bought him a 10 and I encouraged him to put his 'stuff' onto it before catastrophe struck but he's unwilling lol. 10 is no miracle though as it automatically updated while we were in Tucson, locked up, and had to be shut down to get it back. I think it then ruined one feature on my Corel 7, which is my book cover workhorse... One thing with these darned computers is they interact with each other and one thing can ruin another. Good luck with yours. I sympathize.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must live next door to me -- we are also gray, foggy, rainy and drizzly. But you do have three beautiful jewels to brighten your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your three jewels...truly the lights of Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the three jewels! We actually have a sunny day here today on Merseyside (UK) - I think it's the first this month. Sadly other parts of the country are still being flooded and some more people had to be evacuated on Boxing Day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are lovely jewels you have there!
    Keeping current with technology is not so much fun. Sometimes I'd just like to skip the "new and improved".

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, those three are wonderful as re the previous two.
    Didn't you read of my struggle with Win 10? G downloaded it on our laptop...which is about the same age as my computer. The whole poor old laptop turned into a disasters mess that wouldn't work. Windows 10 doesn't play well with old computers we discovered. Neither does windows 8. You and your computer can do anything you want using windows 7. That's my experience. We put the windows 7 back on the laptop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous11:17 PM

    Oh, I know that brain drain! But what gorgeous decorations! I do miss having little ones around who motivated us to go look at lights.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photos! I heard from another blogger friend (Country Dew) that windows 10 was a nightmare. Why do we have to fix what isn't broken. I still have 7 and will use it until they kick me out.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.