Friday, December 01, 2017

Lifting Up the Spirits.


Well, my spirits have lifted somewhat (temporarily) and I found a Christmas present in the news today with the indictment of Flynn. The White House says he was an Obama holdover (Obama fired him and Trump re-hired him). Incomplete pass on their part and they need to explain why they ignored the FBI warning telling them to get rid of him and ignored that dear career lady with the intelligence and ethics.  I am patiently waiting for the dominoes to fall.  Trump, Trump Jr., and Kushner and Ivanka have all had ties to corrupt money launderers and domestic and foreign criminal groups most of their lives, so they know how to accept bribes, hide money outside this country, and have gotten away with it, for now.


The  National lighting of the Christmas Tree had the smallest crowd ever in front of the White House this year and the weather was beautiful, rows and rows of empty chairs.  He keeps getting fewer and fewer supporters in his gatherings even on such simple unpolitical things as holiday activities.  Obama had standing room only when he lit the tree each year.  I do miss the intellectual transparent honesty of his administration.

So, today after the morning news, I binge watched that old TV series "Frazier" which has such snappy dialogue and proceeded to make about 100 persimmon spice cookies while I watched and reminisced.   Half of these chewy spice disks are in the freezer and the other half we will eat.  The recipe only used about 4-5 of the hard persimmons, so making no dent in the harvest!



Even the folks at the food pantry are too picky to want to take these home for the holidays!


The kitchen was full of dirty bowls and utensils and I just finished washing a batch and am now running "pro-scrub" on the dishwasher for the rest.  The small artificial tree is up, a few wreaths scattered about.  Mage made me feel guilty  reconsider and not give in to the challenges my family is now facing and become a ghost (i.e. ghost of Christmas past).   We played Christmas music while we decorated and hung a few strings of lights on the deck and took out a few sentimental items.

We blog readers lost the activist Hattie from Hawaii this past week.  She was tough and took no prisoners and I will miss her intellectual arguments greatly.

While this is a tough month I will hang on white-knuckled and fight for everything I want and I hope you do the same.

13 comments:

  1. I also woke this morning to the news about Flynn. I loved it when someone shouted as he left the courthouse, "LOCK HIM UP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was also sorry to hear about Hattie. Her and Fran in a month. Hattie's was not unexpected due to her illness but Fran came as a shock. It is though how it works as we age, I guess-- or so my in-laws told me years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sympathies for the loss of your blogger friends

    During the holidays little family tradition is no arguments during the holidays. Hello December.
    I more often feel sadness, not joy in the downfall of people that knew better than to throw away trust. This is a different era where bad deeds are no longer swept under the rug, laughed off, dismissed as that's how things are or used as leverage to advance one's agenda and/or career. The same old, same old isn't the same anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My condolences on the loss of your friend.

    If i lived close enough, i'd love some persimmons. When they are perfectly ripe they are delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did not follow Hattie, but I see that many of my blog friends did. Even virtual friend loss is a deep one.
    I'm glad you decided to do some holiday preparations. I hope it helps.
    I sure would love to be able to help you out with those persimmons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was pleased, too, when Flynn decided to cooperate with Mueller. Then last night those Repubs passed that horrid tax cut. Sigh. I miss Obama, too, very much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was feeling better yesterday when I heard the news, then he got his billionaires tax cut.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree...pleased that the bad guys may get their comeuppance. Yes, really miss Hattie. Yes, too...my blog shows the one decorated area besides the tree. Don't feel guilty Take care of you first.
    Now...can you make persimmon juice then freeze it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous11:49 AM

    Well I live in the grass roots area of Pennsylvania and it is Trump country and my family are all big Trump supporters. I have six children (all but one married, they mostly live outside of D.C. and the East Coast, they did not grow up in PA) who are now professionals and it seems (in my view of their college friends and work colleagues) that young adults are more conservative today. As strongly convinced of your view as you are, there are many that believe the total opposite. Just thought I would give you a view of the other side! I respect your opinion as that is our God-give right to have this freedom. Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surrounded by young professionals last night, about 40 of them, and they are totally amazed that this President has any support at all. I guess it depends on where you live.

      Delete
  10. Hopefully the domino effect will kick in.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Long live Obama. I love the persimmon, tasty.

    ReplyDelete

Take your time...take a deep breath...then hit me with your best shot.